The word purpose is a noun, and it means the reason for which something is done or created or for which something exists. Example: "Why did you set that goal?" "It is part of my plan to fulfill my purpose." That one little word contains a lot of value and I'm about to tell you just why.
Now I cannot tell you what your purpose is. I cannot tell you how you will find your purpose-maybe you will find it while traveling, in changing career paths, following an old dream, or helping others- Finding your purpose in this crazy, huge, and chaotic world is the challenging part. Pursuing it is the easy part. The vast majority of this world today is living life day by day in a mundane, boring routine... without purpose. Working for a company whose values you do not believe in and you do not see a future with? In a relationship and you are not sure why anymore? Achieving goals that do not amount to anything? Stop. Pause. It is time to reevaluate what you are doing.
Find a purpose and then set goals that align with that purpose and you will achieve so much more and overall have a greater sense of fulfillment and accomplishment. Live for you, and live for a reason. I guarantee once you know why you are doing what you are doing, the drive and motivation will be completely ignited in you and you will be a force to be reckoned with.
Here are ten questions to jump-start your thinking process:
1. What do I enjoy doing in my free time?
2. If I could have any job at all (non-money related), what would it be?
3. What subjects did I excel at in school, but not pursue career-wise?
4. Am I managing my free time to where I can try new things and be open to new opportunities?
5. Am I an extrovert? Or am I an introvert?
6. Am I happy in my current place at life?
7. Do I enjoy learning new things? When was the last time I sought out new knowledge of something for enjoyment?
8. As a kid, what were the top 5 things I wanted to be?
9. Would younger me consider me at my current age a role model?
10. What advice would a younger me give current me now?
Full Article by Hope D LaVine Ezinearticles